blog

And now for the show…


jw_opening1
(videos coming soon)

The time had finally come for our grand opening and we wanted to make it a spectacle. Throughout China the work shift usually begins with some kind of motivational exercise–a group chant of the company slogan followed by a few Britney Spears style dance moves to get the blood flowing. As you cycle through the busy streets of Beijing you can see workers lined up in front of their place of employment, be it a restaurant, an electronics store or a factory, standing in large groups of 20 or more getting ready to start the work day.

 

In keeping with this Mao inspired tradition we drafted our own company slogan (written by HomeShop’s Xiao Ouyang) and began the grand ceremony with some song and dance.

jw_opening2

 

我们狂奔在通往成功的路上,

As we ran rampant on the road to success

口吐白沫,意气风发。

Mouth foaming, spirit invigorated

 

曾几何时,

Once upon a time,

我们也曾在迷茫中寻找方向

We were lost in the world

被教育蒙蔽的双眼难以望见金钱的光芒

Blinded by education,  unable to see the radiance of the coins.

 

今天,一切都已改变

Today, things all changed.

团队的领导赋予了我们创造财富的力量

The leader of our team has given us the power to create wealth.

在创造中我们塑造了自己的精神与思想。

In such process we learned to shape our spirit and thinking.

 

明日的阳光如此明媚

The sunshine of tomorrow is so brilliant,

我们不禁要高声歌唱:

We can’t help but sing songs of joy.

 

西游旅行社我们灵魂的家乡

Journey West Travel Agency,  home of our souls.

西游旅行社梦开始的地方

Journey West Travel Agency, where our dream begins.

 

我们在社徽下宣誓

We henceforth swear under the emblem of our agency,

将永不辜负自己对物质与权力的渴望

That we shall never give up our longing for material and power

未来将是我们翱翔的天堂!

Future is the empyrean in which we soar.

jw_opening3

jw_opening4

 

(more on the key to successful hiring and firing in next post)